Saturday, July 7, 2012

Krystal and Justin - June Date!

You know your date rocked when you are tired and sore afterwards!  :)  Our June date was a mini vacation to the wonderful state of Minnesota to experience the Minneapolis Marathon and 1/2 Marathon.  We drove to Minneapolis on Saturday before the race and picked up our race packets, figured out a hotel we could stay at (Aloft - awesome!), and then went to the Mall of America for some shopping.  We ended the evening with some yummy pasta dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory restaurant in downtown Minneapolis.

We woke up bright and shiny the next morning and I walked down to the starting line with Justin so he could start the full marathon.  The 1/2 marathon started an hour later, so I sat and "people watched" until the start of my race.  The race itself was a little boring.  It was just mainly an out and back hairpin course along a park.  I had not trained enough, so I walked a bit starting with mile 10.  I was happy to be done running and go get my free beer at the end!

We stopped at another restaurant on our way home and had lunch, so we asked our server to snap a quick photo of us with our bling!!

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing!